Who we are
Founded by Nick Gordon with his limitless drive and enthusiasm for success; Nick has the determination and ability to turn innovative ideas into reality and this has led to a lucrative 20-year recruitment sector career with a solid understanding of the necessary levers required to maximise the potential of any business.
Nick’s success started over 20 years ago in the HGV/driving sector which saw his business grow to be one of the largest suppliers of HGV drivers within the UK. He then sat on the board of a well recognised investment business that enabled him to enhance his skills in buying and restructuring businesses, overseeing the turnaround of a £1.1Billion global business that honed his knowledge in white collar IT, blue collar, German IT markets, medical markets (both in the UK and Australia) whilst this has enabled his own personal growth in business investment, it is ultimately Nick’s entrepreneurial determination and devotion that underpins the foundations of Meraki Capital.
With experience in both turnaround, restructuring, carve outs, and management buy outs within the recruitment sector Nick’s forte is adding operational excellence and value for the people within these businesses.
Why choose us?
Firstly, we at Meraki don’t simply transact on all deals that come our way. We are a boutique investment company and this allows us to consider more complex or unique opportunities.
Whilst we are offered many opportunities, we only transact on a few. We are experts in identifying potential and growth. We believe in individuals and enjoy working with teams that are as passionate about what they want to achieve as we are.
Secondly, we are a business that believes in putting our core values at the very forefront of everything we consider. We are completely transparent, honest, fun, friendly, flexible and ambitious and we put our all into every transaction or investment so you can be confident we care as much as you do.
Changing the perception of private equity investment
Our core values
What makes meraki unique?
Whether you are looking at an MBO, restructure, retirement sale, capital for growth or an acquisition to grow your business, we consider our experience offers an unrivalled ability to be flexible and agile in our approach. We have many years’ worth of experience investing in transforming underperforming businesses, non-core subsidiaries, retirement sales and distressed businesses.
Our experienced team will make the journey from concept to completion an open one, whilst at an industry leading pace. Uniqueness is in everything we do, and we live by our core values of openness, fairness, equitable and honesty.
• We have over 20 years’ worth of experience investing in transforming underperforming businesses, non-core subsidiaries, retirement sales and distressed businesses.
• We have the knowledge to restructure even the most complex of businesses and achieve the greatest returns for creditors.
• We have the ability to maintain existing businesses and create growth post completion.
• We have a wealth of experience in negotiation with shareholders during MBO’s.
• We are experts in identifying growth areas and providing the necessary infrastructure for growth
• We offer overall management support to take the business to the next level.
• We are fair, equitable, transparent and honest, always.
• We have the ability to transact with speed and diligence.
• We motivate teams and drive businesses forwards.
• We are able to widen reach into other sectors or geographical locations.
• We have the knowledge and expertise to enable your business to do this with confidence and security
• We are able to identify and provide a flexible range of quality services
• We empower customer-oriented employees and grow businesses through expansion, acquisition, and development offering transition management and operational support throughout.
• Our resources cover all aspects of finance and operations, from industrial operations, IT and logistics.